Winter camping preparation is very important. Winter weather is cold and snow and ice can be dangerous. So it's a good idea to prepare well. To be able to enjoy camping activities safely.
Essential equipment for winter camping.
- Tent : Choose a tent that is waterproof and windproof. to prevent rainwater from seeping into the tent and the wind blew the tent.
- Tent floor covering: You should choose a tent floor covering that is also waterproof. This will prevent moisture from seeping up to the tent floor.
- Flysheet : This will prevent rain from falling directly on the tent.
- Sleeping bag: You should choose a sleeping bag that is waterproof and windproof. and has a warmth value suitable for the weather.
- Clothing: Prepare waterproof and windproof clothing. Including warm clothing.
- Shoes : Shoes that are waterproof and slip resistant should be prepared.
- Winter equipment: such as hats, gloves, scarves, sunglasses.
- Lighting equipment: such as flashlights, headlamps.
- Cooking equipment: such as gas stoves, pans, pots, cutlery, food containers.
- Food and Drinking Water : Prepare enough food and drinking water for the entire trip.
- Medicines and first aid equipment: You should prepare necessary medicines and first aid equipment.
Precautions for winter camping.
- Always check the weather before you leave. If there is heavy snow or a storm Departures should be avoided.
- Do not pitch a tent under large trees. Because there may be danger from broken branches and falling.
- Do not pitch a tent on a steep slope. or near a river or stream because there may be danger from flash floods.
- Activities that pose a risk of electric shock, such as turning on the radio or cell phone in the tent, should be avoided.
- Keep equipment clean and dry at all times.
Winter Camping Tips.
- Prepare clothes and equipment suitable for the weather.
- Pitch a tent and camp in a safe area.
- Prepare enough food and drinking water.
- Prepare necessary medicines and first aid equipment.
- Always keep equipment clean and dry.
- This is because winter camping can easily be dangerous. should inform others about travel plans and should travel with a friend or a group of at least 2 people.
- Be sure to research the route and the weather in the area where you will be camping well before setting out.
- You should prepare a backup plan in case of unexpected events.
If you follow these instructions strictly. You will be able to enjoy winter camping activities safely.